Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cheats!


So, I've had a couple of cheats this past week
and I figured I should be honest and share them on here.
 

The first cheat was on Valentine's Day. The hubby and I made a last minute decision to stop at Olive Garden for dinner after work. We were a little burnt out on our nightly meal of oven baked chicken with steamed squash so we decided to treat ourselves. Looking back, a heavy Italian meal may not have been the smartest option, but it was the closest to our house!

The good thing about the menu was that the calorie count was listed, so I knew how many calories I was eating and I told myself to stay around 1,000 calories. I ordered the following -

Lobster Cannelloni = 510 calories
Salad - 150 x 2 servings = 300 calories
Breadstick = 140 calories
Wine = 230

This brought me up to 1,180 calories, so a bit over my budget. Oh, throw one of those delicious Andie's Mints in there too. Needless to say my weight was up a bit the next morning.

My second cheat was Friday night after work. Some co-workers threw together a sudden going away get together for me at a local brewery. I ended up having 2 craft beers. I'm not sure what the calorie count was on those, but I just decided to skip dinner afterwards since I wasn't hungry.

On both of my cheat days I worked out. Yeah, it was pretty funny doing an hour and a half of yoga late Friday night after having 2 beers, but I got it done.

My opinion is that life is going to happen and I'm going to live it. Sure, there will be a few cheats here and there, but I just need to get back on track and pull it together the next day. I think it's important to still work out and burn those extra calories off instead of letting them just sit there. Within a few days my weight got back to normal and I even dropped a bit. Life happens, enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment