Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 2 : Wednesday January 2, 2013


Today was Plyometrics.

This includes A LOT of jumping and squats.

F-, my legs were spent and shaking like jelly before Tony even finished the gosh darn warm-up. THE WARM-UP! What is wrong with me? How did I get so out of shape?!?

This set of exercises does not require you to write things down. Tony starts with a brief warm up to get your heart pumping and then he gets right to it.

One thing that I loved about today was that Tony had a girl perform "modified" versions of the exercises. This was helpful. You don't always have to jump as high as you possibly can. There are ways to get the exercise done that are a little less strenuous. I like the idea that I can still work out, just maybe modify the exercises a bit.

This also worked for my husband. He has panic attacks and often feels he has heart issues. The jumping was intense and scared him a bit, but then we hit pause a couple of times (as Tony suggests it's okay to do), and we modified the exercises to what was comfortable for him.

Soreness - Although we did chest and back yesterday, my shoulders were killing me the most today. In addition, my abs were sore. I could feel them each time I coughed or if I moved a lot. It was kind of a good pain (if there is one). I felt as though I got a good workout and was feeling the pain of progress. Pain of progress can be a good thing... right?!?

Only 88 more days left and 9 more times doing Plyometrics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment