Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 4 : Friday January 4, 2013


Day 4 - Surprisingly my shoulders and arms were not that sore when I woke up today. It was easier to get my bra on too, which was nice. What hurts today is my legs. Upper thighs to be exact. My hubby is sore there too. Moving from a standing to sitting position hurts... a lot. We are starting to understand that our body parts hurt the most two days after the workout.

We typically work out after we get home at night. Tonight we had yoga, which we were both so excited to try. We were really looking forward to it! The hubby isn't very flexible, so he was really hoping this part of P90X would help him with that. I was looking forward to learning some poses.

Well, it sucked! 

We were both so bummed with the yoga disc. I'm not sure if Tony just wasn't feeling it on the day they did the taping or what, but we hated it. The hubby hated it more than I did. It's just very slow and boring. Not to mention, super difficult to do the poses while having to keep looking up at the tv (which is set up high on our bureau) to see if we're doing it right.

Eventually we ended up lowering the tv to the floor so we could see it better, but it didn't help much. We got through about half of the disc, before we shut it off. It lasts about 90 minutes, so we hung in for 45. I still wanted to work out and get some stretching in, so I put in the stretching disc and did some of that.

I know you can "modify" as Tony mentions, so overall, I felt as though I ended up getting a pretty good workout with my own mix of yoga and stretching. My hubby was bummed that he got frustrated with it and ended up going for a 4 mile walk instead to get some cardio in.

When he came back from the walk, he decided to really try harder with the yoga one next time. I agreed to do the same. Although we didn't love it, we can push through and do our best.

Oh yeah, here's a tip for us ladies... be sure to start wearing a sports bra. All of mine were in storage and I thought I could get away without one for a bit, but those things will be flopping all over the place if you don't wear one, especially when you do the Plyometrics exercises. I ended up going out today and getting a pack of 3 simple ones from Walmart for around $10. So worth it!

One other tip - I had started working out with 10 lb. weights, but after listening to Tony, he recommends you do more reps with a lower weight if you want to be lean and less reps with a higher weight if you want bulk. I picked up a set of 8 lb. weights today at Walmart as well. They were about $10 each. Although I could do the exercises with the 10 lb. weights, I decided to not push myself yet and maybe work up to them if I end up wanting larger muscles down the road.

86 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment